Sunday 19 May 2013

Haul | River Island, Primark, Real Techniques, etc..

I thought I'd do a haul as I have been buying a few bits lately, in particular summer shoes, hmmm I think I went a tad crazy (3 pairs?!). Anyway other things included in the haul are some clothes for the summer, sunglasses and a real techniques brush (woo!) Enjoy!




These lilac espadrilles were a bit of a random buy but as lilac is one of my favourite colours and they were like £3 in the new look sale I couldn't really say no. They'll be perfect for my summer holiday for just throwing on around the pool or on a trip out; and they are super comfy too so why not? Also, new look's 60% sale is on now so I'd recommend checking it out.
I was super chuffed with these flatform boat shoes from New Look. I've wanted boat shoes for ages and I think the flatform adds something different to them so I had to pick them up. I think they were around £13.99 so they weren't too expensive  either. Again, these will be perfect for my holiday paired with denim shorts and a stripy top for an 'oh so' nautical look!






I picked these tortoise sunglasses up from Primark for £2.50! Such a bargain and they look and feel very high quality too. I have been searching around for some like these and almost payed something ridiculous like £20 for a similar pair somewhere else, but then I told myself I didn't need to spend that much on a pair of sunglasses and then found these in Primark so I'm glad I kept my money in my purse.
I am in love with these faux suede black flatforms. At £10 from Primark they were a must have! I have been looking for some black chunky flatform shoes for so long and places like Topshop have similar for twice the price or more so I'm so glad I found these. I'm also so so so crap at walking in very high heels so these will be ideal as they are super easy to walk around in, yet they still have that formal vibe so you can wear them to a party with a dress. You could probably dress them down too and wear them with shorts or a skirt.

Yay! A new Real Techniques brush to add to my small but growing collection. Last month I purchased the expert face brush and I was a changed woman. I have never used brushes to apply my foundation before so was skeptical about this, but thanks to the amazing reviews of the brushes I invested in one and loved it so much I've had to buy another one. I wasn't sure what one to buy but this one which is the kabuki brush was on sale for £6 reduced from £11.99 in boots. I just had to get it. I have yet to use it but I expect it will be amazing like my other brush. It also splits in half too so you can use it to apply blush with less bristles for a better coverage.

I bought this striped collared blouse in Primark for £10, another bargain I think. I don't always like Primark blouses as they are often sheer and I'm not the biggest fan of sheer, however this one isn't and it has rolled sleeves too which is perfect. It's also a very lightweight material which will be ideal for the summer. I think this paired with denim shorts and my new boat shoes will be such a cute summer outfit.





































And, finally (sorry I babbled so much in this post I praise you if you've bothered to read this far!) yay I got the paisley smock dress from River Island! I mentioned this in my last post with the plan to go out and buy it after I found it on their website. It was £25 which I think is a really good deal for this dress as in Urban Outfitters they would probably price the same thing for £40+. I am totally in love with this dress and it will look amazing in the summer with chunky brown sandals and sunglasses but I'm also excited to style it for colder days (not wishing the summer away I promise) as I think it would look good with black tights, dr martens and a boyfriend coat.

Hope you enjoyed this haul and sorry it was so long haha! 










No comments:

Post a Comment