Sunday 19 May 2013

babydoll dresses

babydoll dresses
Babydoll and smock dresses are all over the place this season. I love them because they are often made out of light airy material which is perfect for those hot (hopefully) summer days. They are very versatile when it comes to seasons too as pair with tights and a chunky cardigan in the colder months makes a perfect autumn/winter outfit. Another reason I love them is because they are super flattering due to the high waistline and relaxed fit. They suit all shapes and sizes as they skim all of your lumps and bumps and any areas that you don't really want on show.

1. River island I actually recently purchased this dress and I love it. I am obsessed with anything paisley printed and the fact that it's in my favourite style makes it so perfect. It's very flattering too and the print is versatile for the summer for example with bare legs and brown sandals and into the autumn months as the colours are darker.



2. ASOS smocked dress    I love this dress because it's a block colour unlike the others. As much as I love prints and patterns you always need a plain dress in your wardrobe that you can then pair with a printed bag or shoes. I love the bottle green colour of this dress too, it's a bit different from common colours such as black, white or grey and adds a bit of colour into your wardrobe for spring/sumer.

3. Silence + Noise Easy Border Babydoll Dress at Urban Outfitters This dress is a little more expensive however as it's from urban outfitters you know the quality is going to be there. I like that this has longer sleeves which a bit different from the other sleeveless styles. The print on this is quite subtle with the consistent pattern on the top and the cool border at the bottom of the dress. I think that even though we are going into summer, the weather may not be what we hoped and that extra bit of coverage on the arms will make a lot of difference. Also, it will make a great summer into autumn transitional piece. 


hope you enjoyed this, and it has opened your eyes to my love of babydoll dresses haha!





No comments:

Post a Comment