Saturday 6 July 2013

Summer Lookbook

As it was amazing weather today I decided to do a summer lookbook. I have created three categories; Denim and Floral, Ethnic Prints and The Layered Look and have come up with two outfits for each. I really enjoyed making this and I hope you enjoy reading it! P.S sorry for extremely white legs, this is the first time i have braved getting them out all year! 
Denim and Floral






 Outfit 1: Blouse: Charity Shop/Shorts: OASAP/Belt: Vintage/Flatforms: Primark/Jewellery: all Primark/Sunglasses: River Island.
Outfit 2: Dungarees: Vintage/Blouse: Vintage/Floral Crown: Local Festival/Socks: old school socks/Creepers: Underground/Sunglasses: H&M.

I love pairing florals with denim, I think it gives such a summery look and they match so well together. Denim shorts and dungarees are both summer essentials as they don't just go with florals they go with just about anything! My favourite type of floral is vintage floral! They're either loud and bright or very pale pastel-y and the best thing is that they are one of a kind. P.S how cute is my new little floral crown!
Ethnic Prints






 Outfit 1: Top: Primark (old)/Skirt: Topshop/Belt: Accessorize/Bag: Local Festival/Sandals: Primark.
 Outfit 2: Dress: UO/Bag: Topshop/Sandals: Primark/Sunglasses: Primark.

I really love ethnic prints especially in the summer, as they look so exotic and different. You can wear them in loads of different ways, such as pair a patterned bag with a more plain outfit for a more subtle look, or you can go for a dress or a skirt for a more in your face look and then pair plain accessories with it. I really love the bag, I got it recently at a local festival in our park, it will be perfect for on holiday, and I found this amazing printed dress in the UO sale! 

The Layered Look





Outfit 1: Dress(worn as skirt): H&M/ Crop Top: Primark/Flatform Converse: UO/Belt: Vintage/Sunglasses: Fake raybans from Greece.
Outfit 2: Dress(worn as skirt):Motel Rocks Sample Sale/Crop Top: Topshop/Belt:Vintage/Sandals: Primark (old)/Sunglasses: River Island.

I love wearing dresses as skirts by layering a crop top over the top. I think it's an effective way of making it look like you have more clothes by utilising them in different ways. Plus I love layering in the winter and it's hard finding a way to layer in the summer without being too hot, but this is a way that is still weather appropriate. 


Hope you enjoyed my summer lookbook and has given you some ideas about what to wear as the weather is getting warmer or even if you're going on holiday!




No comments:

Post a Comment